- This event has passed.
Snowshoe Program: Extended Walk
Friday, March 16, 2018, 2:00 am - 7:00 am
An event every week that begins at 2:00am on Sunday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until March 25, 2018
Extended walk. This winter trek will take you into the heart of Commonwealth Basin, a landscape that is rich with snowshoe routes and interesting winter life. Marten, ground squirrel, bobcat, wolverine all travel through this area, sometimes leaving evidence on the fresh snow. We’ll travel about 5 miles at a moderate pace climbing into the basin, including a lunch break boasting scenery you’ll be craving the rest of the winter. Bring a well-stocked backpack, lunch and dress for the ever-changing mountain weather for this one; we’ll be out for about 4-5 hours.
Suggested donation: $25 per person
Check website for availability and specific times. Dates fill up fast, so register soon.
What you’ll need on the extended walk:
- Gear: Poles, sunglasses, backpack with the 10 essentials, extra clothing food and water is recommended.
- Water: More than you’d think, snowshoeing makes you thirst! Something warm in a thermos is nice too.
- Clothing: Extra change of clothes, “dress for success”.
- Footwear: Sturdy waterproof boots with ankle support.
- Lunch/Snacks: High energy snacks, we’ll break for lunch.
- Optional stuff: Camera, GPS, avalanche beacon, probe, avalanche shovel, map
For more information about the program, or to cancel or make changes to an existing reservation, please contact Kim Larned at: USForestService_SnoqualmiePass (at) discovernw.org