With the Thanksgiving holiday fast-approaching, we are sharing this opportunity to support local while also making your life easier! The Snoqualmie Valley Farmers Cooperative is again offering their Thanksgiving Box packed with local ingredients and the recipes needed to prepare a delicious meal your guests will love.
For $190, you will receive the ingredients to feed 6-8 people with seven side dishes plus a pie. In addition to the ingredients, you will also receive all the recipes and a timeline for pulling your dishes together. All the produce, flour, eggs, and dairy will come from your community of farmers in the Snoqualmie Valley, and all contents are sourced within 170 miles of Seattle.
The box will contain: Thyme, shallots, potatoes, parsnips, pumpkin, parsley, shiitake mushrooms, kale, garlic, carrots, Brussels sprouts, delicata squash, beets, rutabaga, bread, butter, cream, eggs, cranberries, dried cherries, hazelnuts, and flour.
A few basic pantry items will be needed as well, here is the list.
You can also add on a turkey from Snoqualmie Valley-based Falling River Meats to be delivered with your Thanksgiving Box. Turkeys are $8 / pound and range from 10-22 lbs.
You can order your Thanksgiving Box online from the Snoqualmie Valley Farmers Cooperative. The deadline to order is Monday, Nov. 18. Boxes will be delivered on Tuesday, Nov. 26 to several different pick-up spots, and home delivery is available in some zip codes. Check the website for full details.
Consider these ideas as well:
- Having Thanksgiving at a friend or family member’s house? Split the box!
- Making a family recipe? The box likely contains the ingredients you need
- Know someone who could use a little help this season? Gift them a box!
- Traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday? Store the box and use the ingredients in other ways
- Need a turkey sooner? Carnation Farms has frozen turkeys in stock and is also taking reservations with pick-up beginning Nov. 22