- This event has passed.
Forest Health & Firewise Workshop
June 8, 2017, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Are you noticing dead or dying trees? Are you seeing tree issues that you haven’t seen before? Western Washington has seen an increase in tree mortality over the past few years. Learn about why trees are dying and what you can do to improve the health of trees on your property.
Experts from Washington State University and the Washington Department of Natural Resources will talk about:
- Why trees die
- How and when trees can be saved
- Preventing problems before they start
- How to tell the difference between insect, disease, and weather damage
- How tree-killing insects and diseases spread
- How to tell the difference between normal cycles of tree death vs. a serious or emerging threat
You will also learn practical tips on how to improve the chance of your home or cabin surviving a wildfire, which is a serious risk in western Washington forests, especially in foothill communities.
Join us and bring a friend!
Please join us for these free workshops and bring a friend or neighbor. RSVP is appreciated (but not required). Light refreshments will be provided.
- Educational activities