- This event has passed.
Spring Break Farm Food Camp
April 13, 2020, 9:00 am - April 17, 2020, 4:00 pm
We empower kids to make better food choices through hands-on farm and cooking experiences. When children plant veggie starts, harvest and taste spring greens, then cook with them to make delicious snacks to eat with their friends, they actively participate in the food system. They learn where food comes from, how it’s grown, and how amazing it tastes when it’s just picked.
Our Spring Break Camp is the perfect time to be on the farm because the growing season is just starting for the year. Campers will spend each fun-filled day of this week outside on the farm, and in our indoor/outdoor kitchen spaces.
In the garden the campers will be:
- Meeting our livestock and learning to interact with them safely
- Collecting eggs and learning how to crack one open
- Tasting, feeling, and smelling their way through the garden
- Spotting pollinators and tasting different honeys
- Observing plants and bugs up close
- Planting, harvesting, and digging in the dirt
In the kitchen they will be:
- Cooking with seasonal ingredients, using organic produce they harvest themselves straight from the garden in true Farm-to-Table fashion
- Learning to safely use a knife and other kitchen equipment
- Properly measuring ingredients using fractions and reading recipes
- We use the leaves, seeds and beans we grow on the farm to make crafts, and play games.
The camp finale comes on Friday afternoon in the “show back” for family/guests. Campers will have a choice of what produce to show their guests and share their newfound love and knowledge of farm and food. This is held Friday afternoon during the camp week; save the date!
A detailed schedule of the week will be sent out to registered campers in the weeks prior to camp.
- Camp is held from 9am-4pm Monday through Friday.
- For children currently in grades 3rd-5th. $425 per child.
- morning and an afternoon snack are included. Campers must bring their own lunch.
- Closed toe shoes are required.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- Educational activities
- Farm Activities
- Kids and Family
- Outdoor Activities
Carnation, 98014 + Google Map