This southwest corner has seen a series of grocery stores serving Fall City since 1922, when Chapman’s Cash Store (interior shown c1925) opened. The original grocery building was located in the present parking lot area. It burned in 1972 after which Don Bluher constructed the current building. He leased the building to Gene and Carol Stevens, who operated the longest continuous business here – Stevens’ Family Market – from 1972 to 2006. Jay Bluher remodeled the structure and opened it as the Farmhouse Market in February 2007. Read more about the “Grocery Corner” here.
Historic photos: Chapman’s Cash Store and Stevens’ Family Market.