Loading Events

Fort Tilton

The short-lived Fort Tilton was both constructed and subsequently abandoned in 1856 to serve the Washington Territorial Volunteers (WTV) during the Yakima Indian War.  Construction began in February 1856 and the fort was occupied in March. The post included a blockhouse and enough buildings to serve as the headquarters and main supply depot of the Northern Battalion, WTV.   Fort Tilton troops built several nearby outposts under the command of the Fort. The post was abandoned in late 1856 at the end of the emergency period of the War.


WA United States
Open in Google Maps

Upcoming Events
  • There were no results found.