This is the oldest building in town, built in 1905 and housed Hix’s General Merchandise. Originally built on the river in the town of Cherry Valley, it moved to current location in 1910 when the railroad planners laid out tracks that would have come through its front door and out the back. Its owner, Arthur Hix, decided that even with the excellent shipping opportunities this would afford, he would prefer to move. It took six weeks to get it to its present location. The building later served as a general store, a Post Office, and as Duvall Auto Parts.