The Hjertoos Farm, with its prominent dairy barn and large late-Victorian farmhouse, was developed by a Norwegian family that arrived in the lower Snoqualmie Valley in the 1880s among a wave of settlers. When the Hjertooses purchased the farm in 1901 from the Shaw family, it included a two-story log house, a large house for boarders, and a substantial orchard. In 1905, the growing family built a two-story, wood frame farmhouse to replace the earlier structures. The elaborate two-story front porch, which had fallen into disrepair, was carefully reconstructed in 1988 based on historic documentation. The barn, built as a cow barn in 1910, now supports a tree farm and vegetable production.
“The Loft” which is available for meetings and overnight lodging. The core of the historic farm property remains in the Hjertoos family and is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 2018 the Tolt Historical Society moved their museum to the Hjertoos House. The museum is open to the public as of 2019.
- There were no results found.