Over a couple of years beginning around 1886, David ‘Doc’ Taylor built a store here, added a restaurant on the east side, and then added a two-story house for his family on the west side. When these buildings burned down, he built a two-story Taylor Hotel on the lot, which he sold in 1903 to Andrew and Karen Ronnei, and Mike Nelson. They changed the name to Hotel Fall City and added a saloon. The new owners died in the flu epidemic of 1919. Lars and Ingo Johansen bought the building and changed the name to Fall City Hotel; however, it too burned to the ground in 1925. Lars then built a new Fall City Hotel on the site, which he moved to the back of the lot in 1930 when the road was widened. This building has been in continuous use ever since. Read more about the Hotel Corner here.