Currently on the corner of Railroad Avenue and River Street sits one-story rectangular commercial structure originally constructed in 1920 and enlarged to the north in 1926. The Kinsey Hotel complex occupied this site at the turn of the century, and burned in 1902.
The Kinsey Hotel Complex had three stories with five dormer windows across the front on the top floor. A post office and meat market occupied space on the lower floor, and a dance hall occupied space on the second floor.
The parents of future famous logging photographers Darius and Clark Kinsey operated the complex with the help of their five sons and one daughter. While operating the hotel, a guest taught all the boys photography.