For many years this building housed Kritzer’s Meat Market operated by Joseph and Mary Kritzer. The date they began operating in this building is uncertain. The Kritzers first advertised in the 1907/08 Gazetteer as a butcher and may have moved to this building when it was constructed. They certainly operated at this location in the 1920s, and continued into the 1940s. Long-time owner Mena K. Mahoney sold the building to Victor Klement in 1962. Klement remodeled the building for use as a jeweler’s shop and added the agate inlay found in the bulkhead below the shop windows.