On September 13, 2007, the Messenger of Peace, a wood railroad passenger car modified for use as a traveling church, arrived by truck at Snoqualmie, Washington, for the start of an estimated six-year restoration by the Northwest Railway Museum. The American Baptist Publication Society had operated the coach from 1898 to 1948 with nearly half of that span spent on the rails of Washington state. After 50 years spreading the Protestant gospel, the historic coach saw brief service as a roadside diner, then moved to Grayland, Washington for use as an ocean-side cottage. By 1999 it sat on blocks, used only for storage and slowly deteriorating in the salt air. The Railway Museum largely completed the restoration of the Messenger of Peace in 2013. Read about the meticulous restoration process here.