Charles and Minnie Moore moved to Preston in 1903 with their five children. In 1905 they purchased a lot in Fall City for $40 and built a house with lumber from the Preston Mill using inexpensive vertical-plank construction. They sold the house around 1920.
Eugene Parmelee and Elizabeth Alexander met in Fall City in the early 1900s and married in 1912. Gene died in 1937, leaving Elizabeth to raise their seven children. In 1943 she purchased the Moore house for $1000 and the house has remained in the family ever since. Elizabeth and Gene’s daughter Irene and other family members have painstakingly restored the home. Read more about the Moore-Parmelee House here.