Among the older houses remaining in Fall City, the Neighbor-Bennett House, built in 1904, is considered the most elegant for the quality of its detailing. It was built by Emerson Neighbor, who with his brother owned a general store on River Street and later helped establish the town’s telephone service. Emerson sold the house in 1912 to Frank Bennett, who operated a delivery and distribution system for large quantities of milk produced in the area. Initially a horse and wagon operation along a rough trail, the 18-mile round trip required a team of relief horses. Find additional details and photographs here.
Historic photo credit: Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Region