On April 9th, 1941 the North Bend Theatre opened its doors. It has continued to operate as an independent movie theater since that day. On October 1, 1999, the Slover family took over and undertook a major renovation improving every part of the building without sacrificing its distinctive Art Deco character. The theatre reopened in December, 1999. In May, 2006 the Walker family took over ownership and operations.