Loading Events

North Bend Timber Co. Office (1924)

Isabel Snyder in front of North Bend Timber Company Office

This building, originally a log structure, housed the office for the North Bend Timber Company’s office. The Company had been located up further upstream from North Bend along the South Fork in a town called Edgewick. You can read the story about Edgewick and how it was swept away.

After Edgewick’s demise, the company took some time to settle lawsuits and determine next steps. In 1923 they started logging in the Middle Fork and built this office in town as their administrative hub.

After the St. Regis Pulp and Paper Company acquired North Bend Timber Company in 1944, the log building was sold and converted to a restaurant.  Subsequently a large structure built adjacent incorporated portions of the log structure as a dance floor, storage, and restrooms, retaining some of the log walls and old stone fireplace.

 

Photo credit: Snoqualmie Valley Historical Museum

 


145 E. North Bend Way
North Bend, WA 98045 United States
Open in Google Maps

Upcoming Events
  • There were no results found.