The building of the first bridge across the Snoqualmie River at Fall City was a big event. The wooden bridge, with a span of approximately 350 feet, opened in 1889. It fell in the spring of 1900 and was rebuilt the following year with salvaged materials. In 1917 it was replaced by the first concrete bridge, a graceful arched bridge. Due to the increased size of vehicles and volume of traffic, this second bridge was replaced in 1980 with the current bridge.