The Nan Fullerton Stuart Memorial Chapel was dedicated on August 28, 1938. E.H. Stuart of Carnation Milk Farm planned and paid for the design and construction of a new Congregationalist Church (the original wood frame home was destroyed by fire on Dec 30, 1936) in memory of his wife who had died in 1937. The granite Gothic Revival style building became the second Tolt Congregationalist Church. The granite was quarried at Index, WA and the stone was patterned after Scottish architecture and topped with a Celtic Cross. The bell tower came from the original church.