The idea for Valley Memorial Park first originated in 1945 as a collaborative effort by the Valley Men’s Club and Mr. David Entwistle. The park was constructed between 1945 and 1949 with volunteer labor and donated materials. In 1947 a committee from the Men’s Club and the American Legion voted to install a World War II monument which still stands in the park today. The monument was dedicated on Memorial Day 1949.
The park property was part of the original Entwistle family homestead at Tolt River. King County owned and operated Valley Memorial Park from the late 1940s until it was deeded to the City of Carnation in 1982.